The Evolution of Mara Dyer

The Evolution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin Just finished reading The Evolution of Mara Dyer and i must say, it hasn't failed to excite my senses. Michelle Hodkin has a knack for pushing and pulling your senses, a rollercoaster of emotions just as riveting (if not more) as the first book, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.

In this sequel we experience Mara as things slowly start to unravel before her while not failing to explore her relationship with the people around her. Noah started out a little flat, he doesn't seem to clearly exist outside of Mara's circle but his character slowly gets undone as the story progresses. I absolutely adore the part where he's journalizing his thoughts for Mara, as well as his confession to her at their date. We also learn more about Jude and his sinister purposes, as well as other hidden antagonists and perhaps a plot that's beyond what we first thought of.

There's a lot more things in this book that is shrouded in mystery, and that just makes the wait for the third book a little unbearable.